A tummy tuck is a great procedure that can help you look and feel better. Your post-op recovery care plays a big role in how your tummy tucks turns out, so it’s something that you should be sure not to overlook. There are plenty of things you’ll want to do and not do while recovering from tummy tuck recovery.
- Ask Questions – Be sure you understand what’s normal and what isn’t. If you experience pain or discomfort you should ask your doctor right away to make sure it’s not a serious problem.
- Plan Ahead – You’ll need certain items to help you recover, but you’ll likely be in no shape to go shopping right after your surgery. These items include heating pads and cold compresses as well as easy to cook foods and plenty of water and other drinks. If you do find yourself needing something, rely on a friend or family member or use a delivery service.
- Take Medications – Your cosmetic surgeon may prescribe you with medication to help with pain and soreness. Take these prescriptions as directed and avoid over-the-counter medicines without talking to your cosmetic surgeon first. Fill your prescriptions before your surgery so you don’t have to deal with it afterward.
- Skipping Appointments – Follow-up appointments are scheduled for a reason and can ensure that you are recovering properly. They can adjust your recovery time or medications if needed.
- Rush Recovery – You may want to show off your new and improved body but you need to take it slow and be sure you fully recover. Get plenty of rest and don’t return to your normal routine until you are cleared to do so.
- Smoke and Drink – Smoking increases your risk of complications and can prevent your body from healing properly. Alcohol can also weaken your immune system and increase the likelihood of complications.
For more information on recovering from a tummy tuck, contact Aesthetic Surgery Institute at 713-493-7397.